|Sector(s):||Accountancy & Audit|
|Salary:||£ 55,000 to £ 65,000 Per Annum|
|Salary Details:||as above plus 2-3 days WFH|
As a consultant/Associate you will technically contribute to the Fraud Investigations with our clients engagements. A genuine interest in the area of forensic/ investigative accounting and litigation support services. This role supports investigative and consultancy work and delivery of analytical analysis and reporting. Successful individuals will be self-motivated, possess strong communication and analytical skills, and enjoy a wide variety of work.
You’ll also identify and escalate potential business opportunities on existing engagements. Similarly, you will anticipate and identifies risks and inform senior members. You will be involved in all areas of the Fraud Investigations work including corruption, fraud and other investigations, commercial disputes, business integrity assignments, transaction disputes, fraud prevention.
· Analysis of accounting, finance and economic issues in the context of business transactions; provide recommendations where applicable
‘ Review documents to identify items relevant to the investigation
· Compilation and analysis of facts to create, substantiate and assess various damages, claims or conclusions
· Perform targeted analysis of data, guided by the Project Managers, using client ERP systems
· Review technical policies and procedures
· Conduct transactions testing
· Conduct interviews where appropriate
· Balance multiple projects and responsibilities
· Communicate effectively to all levels of engagement management
· Support the research required in the preparation of pitches and proposals
· Research market issues and identify market opportunities
· Demonstrate an understanding of risks associated with various engagements and raise risks and issues to project leadership for resolution in a timely manner
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
· Bachelors required; CFE, CPA or ACA, ACCA are ideal; MBA, CFA and similar qualifications are a plus
· Minimum of 1–3 years of technical and financial advisory experience related to ideally forensic accounting, investigations, audit or litigation services; prior forensic accounting experience is strongly preferred but may not be essential based on experience
· Business fluency in other languages is useful e.g. Russian, Portuguese, Mandarin, Spanish etc.
· Ability to create and deliver client service work to a high standard
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
· Must be flexible with the travel requirements of client service projects
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, a strong work ethic, attention to detail and problem solver
· Professional attitude, strong communication skills (both written and oral)
· A strong accounting, finance, and/or economics background preferred
· Familiarity with compliance and regulatory frameworks
About Brimstone Consulting: We specialise in finding highly qualified staff in the following areas:
Forensic Accounting & Fraud - (AML/CTF, Investigation, CFE’s etc.); Legal and LegalTech (E-Discovery, Digital Forensics, EDRM); Big Data and Data Analytics- (MI/BI/CI);InfoSec and Cyber Crime; Audit; Accountancy and Finance; FinTech (Payments etc.);Risk - (Credit, Regulatory, Liquidity, Market, Analysts-SAS, SPSS etc.);Compliance/Corporate Governance ;IT- (full SDLC- BA’s PM’s , Architects, Developers etc.);
Brimstone Consulting acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates. Brimstone Consulting is an equal opportunities employer. Due to time constraints we can only reply to applicants that match our clients’ specifications. We may store applications in our cloud storage facilities that may include dropbox.