Data Privacy and Data Security Specialist
|Sector(s):||Cyber/Infosec & IT Audit, IT e.g. SDLC, Legal & LegalTech (eDiscovery)|
|Salary:||£ 45,000 to £ 60,000 Per Annum|
|Salary Details:||Plus excellent package|
Data Privacy and Data Security Specialist
Job for an experienced Data Privacy Specialist to join the Technology Department. The Privacy Specialist role sits within the ISP team, which is part of the Technology Department and the broader Business Services function. The ISP team is responsible for (amongst other things) ensuring that the firm complies with applicable privacy legislation through its privacy programme, managing the firm’s information security and privacy risk position and roadmap and fulfilling clients’ information security and privacy requirements.
• Assist with the daily tasks and responsibilities carried out by the Privacy Lawyers.
• Contribute to information security and data privacy training and awareness programme.
• Liaise with other Business Services functions as necessary on cross-departmental data privacy
• Contribute to the development and implementation of privacy standards, guidelines and procedures.
• Maintain the firm’s Record of Processing Activities, to comply with privacy legislation.
• Draft and review Privacy Impact Assessments related to the firm’s internal processes.
• Assist with the investigation of privacy and security breaches, and with any associated disciplinary, legal and remedial matters as necessary.
• Carry out privacy due diligence on the firm’s key suppliers; and contribute to the streamlining of this process.
• Assist with the privacy elements of client information security audits, questionnaires, pitches and terms of engagement agreements etc. to demonstrate that the firm’s privacy arrangements meet client expectations and industry standards.
• Draft privacy related responses to enquiries/questionnaires from the firm’s clients and prospects; and contribute to the streamlining of the response process.
• Assist with the work of the firm’s Information Security and Data Privacy Committee.
• Deal with queries from the fee-earners/Business Services staff on data privacy.
• Work with technical and project teams to ensure that new systems are designed and developed to minimise privacy risks, helping the firm to comply with its security and privacy obligations under relevant privacy legislation and to meet individuals’ expectations of privacy.
• Solid working knowledge of complex privacy concepts, principles and standards (including international transfer of data) and their application in an international enterprise setting.
• Recent direct experience in several of the requirements above.
• Strong analytical and presentation skills, able to summarise complex information for non-technical audiences.
• Excellent verbal and written communications.
• Ability to coordinate activity across multiple different teams and identify, prioritise and manage own workload.
• Holds relevant qualifications/certifications or can demonstrate equivalent expertise.
• Direct experience of working within a legal or professional services firm (preferred).
You will also be expected to display the attributes set out under the firm’s Key Behaviours for Business
Services staff for this level of role. Below are the most relevant for this role:
• Technical & professional expertise
• Service excellence
• Drive to deliver
• Analysis & judgement
• Communication & influence
• Working with others
• Leading & managing others
About Brimstone Consulting: We specialise in finding highly qualified staff in the following areas:
Forensic Accounting & Fraud - (AML/CTF, Investigation, CFE’s etc.); Legal and LegalTech (E-Discovery, Digital Forensics, EDRM); Big Data and Data Analytics - (MI/BI/CI); InfoSec and Cyber Crime; Audit; Accountancy and Finance; FinTech (Payments etc.); Risk - (Credit, Regulatory, Liquidity, Market, Analysts-SAS, SPSS etc.); Compliance/Corporate Governance ; IT - (full SDLC- BA’s PM’s , Architects, Developers etc.);
Brimstone Consulting acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates. Brimstone Consulting is an equal opportunities employer. Due to time constraints we can only reply to applicants that match our clients’ specifications. We may store applications in our cloud storage facilities that may include dropbox.
Keywords: #dataprivacyspecialist #privacyspecialistjob #privacyandinfosecjob #legalandinfosecjob, #datasecurityjob, #PrivacyImpactAssessments