Data Manager (Contract)
|Sector(s):||Big Data & Data Analytics|
Start ASAP- 6 Month contract
Remote / WFH
Strong Excel (i.e. more than proficient) and logical reasoning skills, Familiarity with coding languages such as Python advantageous but not a pre-requisite, works well autonomously: proactive in identifying areas of improvement, and finding solutions or resources when required
Short description of the role, the team and the department:
The NHS service is central to the government’s coronavirus recovery strategy. It brings together testing, contact tracing and outbreak management into an end-to-end service.
The Service Evaluation team is one of the key enablers of the Programme. The team is responsible for evaluating new testing methods and/or new testing kits to allow for a continuous expansion of the mass testing programme. This involves gathering evidence to compare the effectiveness of new testing methods/testing kits against proven standards and providing regulatory body with information required to approve their use in the wider testing programme.
We have an exciting opportunity to join the service evaluation data management team and are looking for a detail oriented and data driven individual to join us as we evaluate new testing kits and sample collection methods.
As a data manager you will be responsible for ensuring the quality of data generated through evaluations by contributing to all phases, from designing data management plans, through monitoring of data quality, managing the evaluation database, and reporting on status during delivery, to query resolution and data cleaning during the closeout phase. You will form part of a dynamic, cross-functional team including study managers, biostatistics, and site delivery teams along with the broader ecosystem within NHS.
What will the successful candidate be doing? Include the top four/five responsibilities and accountabilities for the role/s in bullet form.
1. Project planning: Working with the Service Evaluation Team to support the design and analysis of service evaluations including recording the data management plan for new service evaluations
2. Stakeholder management: engage with internal and external stakeholders from several government and public sector agencies to set data requirements, timelines and output/deliverable definitions
3. Data analytics: query data systems and maintain accurate records; intermediate to advanced skills are required in excel, and beginner to intermediate skills are required in python and/or SQL; QA and review of data management work for completion
4. Organising, storing and analysing sensitive service evaluation data; a critical, problem solving mind-set is key to identifying and resolving data inconsistencies quickly
5. Reporting: Regular reporting of site level performance and service evaluation progress with internal management, senior leadership, clients, partners or other key stakeholders;
6. Analysis: Service evaluation analysis report generation (for external review and sign off) and MHRA submission preparation with tight turnaround times
Key skills required for the role
Include the skills, experience, knowledge or qualifications required for the role, this will help a candidate decide if they should apply. Clearly state if any criteria are essential for the role.
The role requested is to enable the delivery of evidence needed to validate new testing methods and kits for NHS. The specific scope of services includes:
• Project management experience overseeing multiple projects and deliverables in tandem
• Experience managing teams in a complex, high-pressure environment
• Excel: intermediate-advanced skill set
• Detail oriented
• HCLS background (genetics, biostatistics, biology, etc.)
• Python beginner-intermediate
• Familiarity with AWS systems is beneficial but not necessary
• About Brimstone Consulting: We specialise in finding highly qualified staff in the following areas:
Forensic Accounting & Fraud - (AML/CTF, Investigation, CFE’s etc.); Legal and LegalTech (E-Discovery, Digital Forensics, EDRM); Big Data and Data Analytics - (MI/BI/CI); InfoSec and Cyber Crime; Audit; Accountancy and Finance; FinTech (Payments etc.); Risk - (Credit, Regulatory, Liquidity, Market, Analysts-SAS, SPSS etc.); Compliance/Corporate Governance ; IT - (full SDLC- BA’s PM’s , Architects, Developers etc.);
Brimstone Consulting acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates. Brimstone Consulting is an equal opportunities employer. Due to time constraints we can only reply to applicants that match our clients’ specifications. We may store applications in our cloud storage facilities that may include dropbox.